Mission, Vision, Values
The Catholic Spirituality Centre (CSC) is an establishment of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese in Singapore.
Established on the grounds of the former Minor Seminary in Ponggol, Road, it was re-commissioned in 2004 to be ‘A cradle for Catholic spirituality in Singapore’, re-evangelizing and helping Catholics in the archdiocese to deepen their spiritual formation in the Catholic tradition so that they can grow to become better witnesses for Christ.
Underpinning our evangelization efforts is the thrust to transform lives. The Centre’s Mission is focused on enabling those in search of life, to have a personal experience of the immense love of God the Father, and to receive healing, so that transformed, they will be able to live as empowered disciples of Christ.
The Pilgrims’ Oasis: A cradle for Catholic spirituality in Singapore
As pilgrims on our faith journey, we all need to be refreshed and re-energised from time to time, so that we can continue along our intended life’s journey. As a ‘cradle for Catholic spirituality’, CSC’s programmes and activities seek to provide the foundation for the faithful to absorb the various Catholic spiritualities in the practice of their faith.
To transform lives
- Enabling a life-changing experience of God’s love (Encountering God & Healing Hearts)
- Providing ongoing spiritual formation and growth in discipleship ) (Empowering Lives)
- Empowering Catholics to share Christ with others )
CSC members embrace a set of Core Values which guide us in our spiritual growth. These are summarised as follows:
W-E FORM C-S-C
- WORSHIP-we draw strength from the Word of God, the Eucharist and the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- EVANGELISATION-we live our mission to reach out to non-believers by proclaiming the Good News and through works of mercy, in communion with the Holy Catholic Church, submitting in love for, and in obedience to, the Church.
- FORMATION-we are committed to grow in holiness through ongoing spiritual formation.
- CHRIST-ENCOUNTER-we are bonded by a shared experience at the CER, of the deep and personal love of God the Father.
- SERVICE-we give of our self as one body in Christ to those in need, caring for the spiritually and materially poor, for the glory of God.
- COMMUNITY-we are a community rooted in compassion and genuine love for one another.