SCRIPTURE REFLECTIONS FOR THE DAY:
FINDING FAITH AND BELIEVING IN THE REALITY OF ANGELS IN A SCIENTIFIC AGE
Faith is required to believe in angels. The Gospel speaks of a child-like faith that is required of us. Not having faith in angels will lead us to a denial of other truths of faith, namely, that God is pure Spirit; the existence of devils; our spiritual nature and the truth about the bible as the inspired Word of God. So a rejection of angels puts all other truths of faith in question.
THIS WEEK AT CSC (SEPT 29-OCT 5, 2014):
Title: Peer Counselling
Mass celebrated by Rev. Fr. Joachim Chang
CER #43 runs from November 12-16, 5 days/4 nights. Registration will open on Saturday, October 4. Mode of registration: By ballot. Download CER #43 registration form here. If you are a minor (21 years and below), download the Indemnity form here for submission together with the registration form. Registration and Indemnity forms will also be available at CSC Office from Oct 1. The doors to St. Peter’s Hall at CSC will open at 9.30am on registration day and close at 10am for balloting. Note: Limit of one ballot number per registrant.
PER #13 runs from October 16-19, 4 days/3 nights. Registration and wait-list are OPEN! Download PER #13 registration form here.
Based on the CER, AWAKEN is the 4 day stay in youth conversion retreat for youths aged 16 – 25, conducted by Archbishop William Goh. The 10th AWAKEN Retreat will be held from 11th – 14th December 2014. Important Details for Registration:
- The Registration Form will be made available on the CSC & Amplify website from 3 October 2014 (Friday), 12 noon onwards.
- Registration will open from Sat 25 Oct 2014, 9AM at Catholic Spirituality Centre. (Please note that the CSC office closes every Sat at 12.00pm)
- Priority goes to walk-in registration on a first-come-first served basis and to first-time participants of AWAKEN.
- There will not be any balloting system.
- Registration is on an individual basis only.
- Official confirmation of registration will be given within 14 working days upon receipt of application, provided the registration form has been duly completed and signed, and full payment of registration fees have been received by Amplify Ministry.
- Participants are also required to submit the indemnity form before the start of the Retreat. Indemnity Forms can be found on our website.
- Successful registration is non-transferable and non-deferrable. Fees are also not refundable.
A 2-day non-stay in retreat to increase understanding of Intercession and learn how to be an effective intercessor. Registration and wait-list are OPEN! Download registration form here and indemnity form (for minors 21 years and below) here.
Talks on CDs
CER#38 and CER#39 retreatants who ordered CDs can collect them at the Media Kiosk before and after Friday Growth and 4th Saturday service. Please send email to arrange for collection on weekdays (only from Monday to Thursday, from 10am to 3pm) except public holidays, if you are unable to make it on Friday and 4th Saturday.
New release of CD Titles:
The Coming of the Day of the Lord by Archbishop William Goh
The Tree by Br. Collin Wee
Check CDs for sale for cd titles that may interest you.
Visit the Media Kiosk, open during Friday Growth and 4th Saturday services to purchase your desired CDs. If you are not able to visit our Kiosk during opening hours, you may also email us to place your order and let us know your preferred time for collection (please give us 10 days’ notice). We will arrange for your collection from the CSC Admin office during weekday office hours between 10am and 3pm, Monday to Thursday.
Intercession Schedule for the Month of October
Tue to Thurs 10.30am to Noon, 8.00pm to 9.30pm
Sat 8.00pm to 9.30pm
4th Sat 4.15pm to 5.30pm, before Healing Mass (No 8pm intercession)
Thursday, Oct 2: No 8pm intercession
Wednesday, Oct 22: No 8pm intercession (Public Holiday)
No vigil in October
Healing Ministry provides prayer ministering to individuals for spiritual, emotional or inner healing on Wednesday from 8.15pm to 9.30pm (except for retreat days and public holidays). Praying over sessions are held on Wednesdays from 9.30pm to 10.00pm and also on Fridays from 10.00pm to 10.30pm in Jesus Room (except for public holidays and retreat days).