SCRIPTURE REFLECTIONS FOR THE DAY:
TRUE PEACE IS BORN OF OUR INTERIOR STRUGGLES IN CHRIST
What kind of peace do we have? Can we really say that we are really at peace deep within ourselves and therefore also at peace with others and the whole cosmos? True peace is born of anguish and division. Peace is not something that comes without much struggle. In fact it is a life-long battle, a war that is fought more from within than from without. What are these struggles before real peace can be born?
THIS WEEK AT CSC (OCT 20-26, 2014):
Registration for Discipleship Retreat #10 (Dec 4-7) opens on Friday, Oct 24. There are 2 ways to register for this retreat: (1) Send by local mail the duly completed and signed form together with cheque payment of registration fee to CSC, and, (2) register at CSC Admin Office. The DR #10 registration form can be downloaded here.
Title: Naked before God
Talk by Rev. Fr. Jude David
The call of our original gift of standing “naked” before God invites us to honesty and trust before God. We are invited to explore how we can aspire to continue being “naked before God“.
Based on the CER, AWAKEN is the 4 day stay in youth conversion retreat for youths aged 16 – 25, conducted by Archbishop William Goh. The 10th AWAKEN Retreat will be held from 11th – 14th December 2014. Important Details for Registration:
- The Registration Form will be made available on the CSC & Amplify website from 3 October 2014 (Friday), 12 noon onwards.
- Registration will open from Sat 25 Oct 2014, 9AM at Catholic Spirituality Centre.
- Priority goes to walk-in registration on a first-come-first served basis and to first-time participants of AWAKEN.
- There will not be any balloting system.
- Registration is on an individual basis only.
- Official confirmation of registration will be given within 14 working days upon receipt of application, provided the registration form has been duly completed and signed, and full payment of registration fees have been received by Amplify Ministry.
- Participants are also required to submit the indemnity form before the start of the Retreat. Indemnity Forms can be found on our website.
- Successful registration is non-transferable and non-deferrable. Fees are also not refundable.
Celebrant: Rev. Fr. Jude David
Con-celebrant: Rev. Fr. Andrew Wong
Commencing with Rosary, Praise and Worship, Mass and Healing service.
A 2-day non-stay in retreat to increase understanding of Intercession and learn how to be an effective intercessor. Registration and wait-list are OPEN! Download registration form here and indemnity form (for minors 21 years and below) here.
CER #43 runs from November 12-16, 5 days/4 nights. Registration and wait-list are CLOSED! For those who did not manage to secure a place, do look out for the CER dates for 2015 to be updated by the year end.
Talks on CDs
CER#40 and CER#41 retreatants who ordered CDs can collect them at the Media Kiosk before and after Friday Growth and 4th Saturday service. Please send email to arrange for collection on weekdays (only from Monday to Thursday, from 10am to 3pm) except public holidays, if you are unable to make it on Friday and 4th Saturday.
New release of CD Titles:
The Coming of the Day of the Lord by Archbishop William Goh
The Tree by Br. Collin Wee
Check CDs for sale for cd titles that may interest you.
Visit the Media Kiosk, open during Friday Growth and 4th Saturday services to purchase your desired CDs. If you are not able to visit our Kiosk during opening hours, you may also email us to place your order and let us know your preferred time for collection (please give us 10 days’ notice). We will arrange for your collection from the CSC Admin office during weekday office hours between 10am and 3pm, Monday to Thursday.
Intercession Schedule for the Month of October
Tue to Thurs 10.30am to Noon, 8.00pm to 9.30pm
Sat 8.00pm to 9.30pm
4th Sat 4.15pm to 5.30pm, before Healing Mass (No 8pm intercession)
Thursday, Oct 2: No 8pm intercession
Wednesday, Oct 22: No intercession (Public Holiday)
No vigil in October
Healing Ministry provides prayer ministering to individuals for spiritual, emotional or inner healing on Wednesday from 8.15pm to 9.30pm (except for retreat days and public holidays). Praying over sessions are held on Wednesdays from 9.30pm to 10.00pm and also on Fridays from 10.00pm to 10.30pm in Jesus Room (except for public holidays and retreat days).
Pages: 1 2